How To Do Yoga For Absolute Beginners
Yoga is a physical and mental practise that originated from Hinduism in ancient India. Get the benefits of yoga; Relax in a few minutes with an easy yoga series. Learn yoga from a video with beautiful music. The first ten minutes we learn some basic yoga exercises and the last minutes we meditate with some mantras and the muscle relaxation. If you have little time, make only the yoga exercises or the meditation. Do yoga at least twice a week so that you stay healthy, fit and happy.
- Lie down on your back and relax. Feel the air around you, and breathe it in and out. Try to relax your body, and clear your mind of thoughts.
- Raise the outstretched right leg and hold it in the air. Then raise the left leg in the air and hold it.
- Raise both legs and the head in the air. Hold it as long as possible and breathe, relaxed, on your belly.
- Go into the candle, raise the butt and the legs to the sky. The hands will strengthen your back. Move your feet and relax a minute in the candle.
- Lie down again and rotate the spine some times. Turn the pelvis to the right and the head to the left. And the other way round. Twist the spine as far as possible.
- Turn in the prone position and raise the right outstretched leg. Hold it and breathe, relaxed, in your belly. Then raise the left leg and hold it in the air.
- Put your head backwards and bring your feet as far as possible to the head. The legs are in the air and the hands lie beside the body on the ground. They support the position. We hold the bow, breath relaxed into the belly and move the feet.
- Lie the head on your hands, move your feet and relax.
- Sit cross-legged or in the heel seat. The back is straight and the belly relaxed. Think one minute, the mantra “Om Shanti”, an important Hindu chant. Think it so fast, that all thoughts come to rest. Then move a hand in blessing and think: “I send light to (name). May all people be happy. May the world be happy.”
- Lie down and make the muscles relax. Tense the muscles of the legs and feet. Relax. Tense the muscles of the arms and hands. Relax. Tense the muscles of the head and the face. Relax. Tense the muscles of the whole body. Relax. Move the feet. Relax completely for some minutes. Go peacefully and happy your way.