How To Make Vegetable Pizza At Home
Except the Cheese, no readymade sauces and bases are used. This is a basic veg Pizza. I have only used Onion, Capsicum and Tomato as veggies. You can also use your own assorted veggies as you like.
For the flavouring of sauces I have used fresh Oregano, black pepper,red chilles and baisil leaf.
The Pizza bread is made of maida/all purpose flour. You can also use wheat floor too but wheat floor make the pizza breaad base a little dense.
Veg Pizza Recipe:
Prepration Time – 2 Hrs 20 mins
Cook Time – 20 Min
Total Time – 2 Hrs 40 Min
Cusine – Italian
Serings: 3 medium sized Pizza or 2 Large Pizzas
Ingreidents For Pizza Base (Bread Base)
- 3 Full Cups of all purpose Flour (Maida), 1 Cup = 250 ML
- 1 Cup Warm Water (Not Boiled Water)
- 7 gms of dry active Yeast
- 2 Teaspoons of Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon of Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
- 2 Teaspoon of Olive Oil or Normal Refined oil
- Some Olive Oil for Brushing
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) or cornmeal (Makki ka Atta) sprinkling
Ingreidents For Pizza Sauce:
- 4-5 Mediunm tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon of garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon of Sugar
- 1 teasspoon of salt, as required
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano or fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of red chilli powder if required
- freshly crushed or ground black pepper, as required
Ingreidents for Topping of Pizzas:
- 1 onion, Sliced or Chopped as required
- 1 Capcicum (Bell Peppper), Sliced
- 1 Tomato, chopped or sliced, optional
- 250gms Paneer finely cut, optional
- 8-9 pitted green olives, sliced, optional
- 8-9 pitted black olives, sliced, optional
- Grated mozarella cheese or Pizza cheese, as required
- fresh or dried herbs, as required
Making of Pizza Bread
- Take a cup of warm water in small bowl, add 1 teaspoon sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 7 gms of dry active yeast in it and let the mixture sit at room temperature for atleast 10-15 mins till it becomes forthy.
- Take another bowl and add 3 cups of flour, add 2 teaspoon of baking soda and olive or refined oil and mix it well
- Now take a yeast mixture and mix well with flour mixture and make a soft dough
- Knid the dough into a smooth and spring ball.
- Apply some olive oil or refined oil over the dough
- Now keep the dough in large bowl and cover it with wet cloth at room temperature for 1.5 hrs to 2 hrs
- After 1.5 hrs to 2 hrs the dough will double up and nicely leaven.
Making of Pizza Sauce
- Blanch the tomatoes and chop them nicely
- Take a pan heat oil in it
- Add 1 teaspoon of ginger paste and 1 teaspoon of garlic paste and fry them.
- Now add finely chopped tomatoes in it and cook them well.
- Now add 1 teaspoon of sugar, 1 teaspoon of salt, dried or fresh oregano, mix them well.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of red chilli if required and mix it
- Now finely add freshly crushed or ground black pepper in it and mix it well in the tomoto mixture & cook well for 4-5 minutes until it becomes into finely paste or sauce.
Assembling of Veg Pizza
- Take a flatted pan (in disk shape) and grease it well with olive oil or refined oil
- Take a half dough and now flatten it on the greased flatted pan
- Brush the flatted dough with some olive oil or refined oil
- Now spread the tomato sauce on the flatted dough well.
- Top it with veggies and spread the grated cheese over it.
- Now put the flatted pan (containing assemble pizza) on the gas on high flame for 3-5 minutes ( It will help you to cook the base of the pizza well )
- Bake the Pizza in preheated oven for 12 – 15 minutes at 200 degrees C.
- Take the Pizza out now serve it hot to everyone.
Few tips for Pizza Recipe
- The Pizza dough can also be made in food procesor
- If the dough becomes sticky add some flour and vice versa. If the dough is not soft and a bit dry, then add some warm water.
- I have also made thin crust pizza with this dough and it was excellent.
- You can also saute veggies lightly in olive oil if you want.
- You can also use toppings according to your taste.
- Also leftover pizza dough can be refrigerated or freezed. If freezed, it stays well for the week if you keep in the tight container box.
Video & Article Source: VahRehVah.com