How to Make Masala Dosa (spicy Dosa) Recipe
Dosa is a south Indian crepe recipe made of Rice and black lentils. Different variations can be done, Red chutney or Podi is spread on the Dosa, served with potato.
Masala Dosa is a variant of the popular South Indian food Dosa, which has its origins in Tulu Mangalorean cuisine made popular by the Udupi hotels all over India.
15 mins Cook time
5 mins Total time
20 mins Masala Dosa (Spicy Dosa)
Main Ingredient: Rice
Servings: 2 persons
Ingredients used in Masala Dosa (Spicy Dosa)
- Urad dal – 1 cup.
- Medium onion (chopped) – 1 number.
- Rice – 2 cups.
- Large boiled potato – 2 numbers.
- Turmeric powder – half tea spoon.
- Green chili – 2 numbers.
- Yellow split peas – half tea spoon.
- Salt – as required.
- Mustard seeds – 1 cup.
- Oil – as required.
- Separately soak rice and urad dal at least 6 hour or overnight in water.
- Grind to paste.
- Mix together & add salt with water to make batter. Leave in room temperature overnight.
- Mix onion and chilies to the thin batter.
Masala Filling (Spicy Filling) on Dosa:
- Heat pan or griddle with little ghee or oil. Spread the mix on pan in circular motion to make thin Dosa. Cook on both the sides, if desired.
- Heat oil. Add mustard seed, peas, onions and spice.
- Fry for about 5 minutes on medium heat or/until onions are turned into golden brown.
- Add potatoes and mix and cook some more. Serve by adding filling inside Dosa and roll.
- Serve it hot with Chutney.