Kadhai paneer, a mouthwatering combination of paneer, capsicum, tomato, onion and traditional Indian spices cooked in a ghee, is one of the most popular curry. Kadhai Paneer is one of the irresistible and aromatic dishes that are prepared in most dhabas in India. This dish is a very popular north Indian dish, simple to make yet very scrumptious to eat.
About Kadhai Paneer:
Kadhai Paneer is one of the irresistible and aromatic dishes that are prepared in most dhabas in India. This dish is a very popular north Indian dish, simple to make yet very scrumptious to eat. Kadhai Paneer actually means Indian cottage cheese cooked in an Indian wok (Kadhai) blended with green bell peppers, onion chunks and aromatic spices mixed together and stir fried in a high flame to get that incredible smoking flavour.
Generally in dhabas, most of the spices, gravies are prepared well in advance and when ordered, are combined together and made into a delicious yummy dish. Basically Kadhai Paneer is a very quick stir fried dish cooked on high flame. Interestingly when you see the kitchen in any dhaba, you’ll find chopped/ sliced onions, bell pepper, other veggies, fresh greens, paneer lightly fried and kept ready.
This makes things very faster as a concoction of all these ingredients stir fried in a Kadhai would do wonders in making an appetizing and luscious dish. Kadhai paneer goes well with naan, roomali roti, phulka’s or any Indian bread of your choice. The Kadhai masala is one of the vital parts of this dish which enhances the taste and makes it zesty to the taste buds.
Use of few marvellous spices like peppercorns, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, dry red chillies, fennel seeds and dry fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi) delicately dry roasted in the Kadhai and ground to make a spice mix (Kadhai masala) can alter a simple dish to a fantastic exotic appetizing dish like Kadhai paneer.
Paneer & Various Paneer recipes: Paneer constitutes the main ingredient in this dish. Paneer or Indian cottage cheese is a fresh cheese common in South Asian cuisine. It is actually an unaged, acid-set non-melting cheese made by curdling heated milk with lemon juice or vinegar. Paneer is widely used in India, Nepal, Pakistan, Bangladesh and other places too. Paneer is a versatile diary product that is used in making an array of desserts, snacks and main course dishes. Some of the much-loved top paneer dishes are:
Paneer Butter Masala, Paneer Do Pyaza,Mutter Paneer Masala, Paneer Tikka, Chilli Paneer, Shahi Paneer, Palak Paneer,Paneer Amritsari and the list goes on.
Use of Indian spices:
The extensive use of numerous Indian Spices characterizes the uniqueness of the dish. It is almost like the life of an Indian kitchen. Each and every spice has an intense taste and imparts its unique flavour when blended together with other spices.
They are also used for various medicinal purposes and are used as home remedies to prevent diseases and preserve food. Kasuri methi are the dried form of methi or fenugreek leaves. Slightly crushed kasoori methi is just perfect to garnish dishes made with potato (aloo), chicken etc.
They impart a distinct flavour and pungent taste. Most Indian curries/ gravies, both vegetarians and non-vegetarians use kasuri methi that perfectly blends in bringing out the flavours of all other spices and herbs. Kasuri methi is nutritious and is rich in protein, calcium and iron.
Kadhai Paneer is also known as Kadhai panner koora, Panner Kadhai Kuzhambu, Panner Kadhai torkari
How to make Kadhai Paneer
10 mins Cook time
15 mins Total time
25 mins Kadhai Paneer
Main Ingredient: Paneer/Cheese
Servings: 4 persons
Ingredients used in Kadhai Paneer
- Garam masala – 1 teaspoons.
- Chilly powder – 1 tablespoons.
- Butter – 2 tablespoons.
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 teaspoons.
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoons.
- Coriander seeds – 1 tablespoons.
- Red chilly whole – 4 numbers.
- Pepper corns – 9 numbers.
- Paneer – 300 grams.
- Onions (medium size) – 1 numbers.
- Bell pepper – 1 numbers.
- Tomato puree – 250 grams.
- Salt – According to taste.
- Sugar – 1/2 teaspoons.
- Cream – 2 tablespoons.
- Heat a pan add pepper corn, red chilly, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds (optional) dry roast these ingredients till the flavor comes out.
- Add fenugreek leaves, roast them transfer in to a plate and let it cool down make a coarse powder in the mortar pestle.
- Divide into two parts one is slightly finnier, and another is coarse powder. Heat butter in a pan add made finnier powder cook this masala in the butter,
- Add chilly powder, garam masala powder, onion, bell pepper, and then add tomato puree (blanched remove the skin and cut them in to small pieces) let this cook till raw flavor is gone
- Add salt, sugar, paneer (fry them) Sprinkle Kadhai masala and add coriander leaves, cream mix it well.
nbsp;Serve this hot along with naan, roti.