How to Cook Achari Chicken Recipe
Achari (sometimes known as achaar or achar) means pickle. Basically, this is a chicken dish that is made with all the spices one would normally use in an Indian pickle.
It is also known as Kodi vepudu, varuval, Muragira mansa Bhaja
40 mins Cook time
Main Ingredient : Chicken
Servings : 4 persons
Ingredients used in ACHARI CHICKEN
- Redchillies – 6 numbers.
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoons.
- Garam masala – 1 tablespoons.
- Yogurt – 1 cup.
- Red chilly powder – 2 tablespoons.
- Chopped green chilly – 2 numbers.
- Turmaric – 1/2 teaspoons.
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tablespoons.
- Salt – to taste.
- Tomatoes – 1 cup.
- Onions – 1 cup.
- Mustard oil – 2 tablespoons.
- Oil – 2 tablespoons.
- Chicken – 1000 grams.
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoons.
- Fennel seeds – 6 numbers.
- Pepper corn – 1/2 teaspoons.
- Crush corinedor seeds – 1/2 teaspoons.
- Lemon juice – 2 tablespoons.
- Heat oil in a heavy based pan on medium heat add onions, salt, fry until golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste, pinch of turmeric, tomatoes ,red chilly powder.
- green chillies,and Saut they are well soft.
- Add yogurt mix and cover it, let it cook for 3 to 4 minutes on low heat.
- Add chicken let it cook for 15 minutes.
- Separately put a frying pan on stove on medium heat takes a 2 tbsp of mustard oil on this,
- Add few cumin seeds, mustard seeds, red chilies,nbsp; fennel seeds, pepper corn, fenugreek seeds, crush coriander seeds.
- Tempering of achari to the chicken,
- Then add chopped coriander, lemon juice, Cook on very low heat for 5 minutes.